Friday, October 24, 2008

Birthday Girl




Today was a pretty low key day. Especially after Miss Birthday Girl and I hung out until the wee hours of the morning (I can not WAIT until she is back on schedule!)

The birthday girl did get to start her day off with a chocolate chip cookie and a fun phone call from Mr. Love's mom who sang her Happy Birthday.
She loves the birthday song - we have been singing it all day.


Miss M had preschool and then had her friend Jack come over. After Miss M and Jack's 2nd lunch we went on a nature, or as Jack called it a "Major walk"
The kids enjoyed collecting leaves, sticks, acorns, twigs, dried flowers ok dead flowers and even caught a couple of lady bugs. Miss Birthday Girl found one on my shoe and tried to eat it. YUM!
It was such a beautiful fall day.
(have I mentioned October is my favorite month?)

Shots of Miss Birthday girl on her Nature/Major Walk


While Miss Birthday Girl took a nap Big sister and I headed off to the store
for cake and balloons.
When we got home, daddy helped us decorate with streamers and ribbons. Miss Birthday Girl loved all the surprises waiting for her. She even got a birthday package from Grams (in Hawaii)
and a card from Granny (in Green Bay) - thanks for making her day extra special!


And just in case you wanted to know how to eat a cake...
Let Miss Mess, I mean Birthday Girl show you how!

Happy Birthday Miss A!
We love you and all the fun things you do.



Also a Happy Birthday to our friend Kelly - who Miss A gets to share a birthday with!
Hope you had a wonderful birthday too!!

4 comments:

kell-bell said...

Yay for Ava! That's so cool that we have the same birthday, and I see we both share a love of sweet things!! Looks like a very fun birthday!

Jesica Anne said...

Tell me this...was she dyed green? How cute that little bear is!

Krazy Khania said...

She's sooooooo cute!! I love her personality!! She may be a Krazy Khania ;)

Jodie, Stefan and Natalia said...

How fun!!! I love the messy cake pictures! It's crazy that in a year's time, babies go from eating nothing but their mom's milk or formula to eating chocolate cake!:)