Monday, July 14, 2008

Taking a little Me time

I haven't been taking a whole lot of me time so I decided to pick up a book or two and read them. It's the easiest thing I can do - for now. (maybe I will share more on that later).

So, while I am house sitting I raided their bookshelves and found some easy reads (perfect for what I need right now - nothing to heavy and just a fast read)


First book - Sisterhood of the Traveling pants - Forever Blue
click here and scroll down for a brief description
I don't know, maybe I wasn't in the right mood for this book, but
I didn't love it. I found that some of the characters were very insecure
and I just wanted them to get over it...again maybe my mood
I guess I would give it a B-







Second book - Fablehaven - book one
and if you click HERE - I thought this blog wrote a good explanation of the book.
I love this book, couldn't put it down. I totally got sucked in! And maybe this is what my mood needed more of - to just get lost in a book!
I thought the ending was a little to quick especially for everything leading up to it.
But I can't wait to read more in this series!
I would give it an A



do you have any good easy book suggestions?

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm so happy you had a moment to yourself. I have so many books on my list to read. Maybe someday I will get them read.

Lynsey said...

I'm sure you've read the Twilight series...it's currently my favorite. That, and I love to go back and read Harry Potter. You'd think that with me on bed rest that I'd be able to get some reading done. I have found that I just don't have the attention span necessary! Call me!

kell-bell said...

Good for you! My favorite books like this are, "Holes" and "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" and "I Capture the Castle". Everytime I try to read lately my dog tries to steal the book from me...he's an attention hog!

shelly said...

I read Host by Stephanie Meyers a few weeks ago and loved it. I would definitely recommend it and the Twilight series if you haven't read it yet (book #4 comes out next month).

Anonymous said...

Hi! The guy that wrote Fablehaven is a good friend of ours-Brandon Mull. I'll have to pass it on that you liked his book so much! His wife actually worked for the first 3 years they were married while he stayed home and wrote. :) I guess it paid off!

Sarah H.