Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Happy October! and a bit o cash

It's my favorite month!
It's the start of fall, it's the beginning of the holidays.
I love the color of fall, the feel of fall (although I will say it's a bit chilly already!)

Today also means 23 more days until my baby is ONE YEAR OLD!!
I am thinking a little monster bash is in order for her.



On another happy note. Last night Keenan and I were going through some boxes (that I am embarrassed to say were still not unpacked). In those boxes were cards that I have been keeping. Cards from me to him, him to me. Miss M's birthday cards
Christmas Cards, Halloween cards...
I came across Miss M's first birthday cards and guess what I found???
$5o.oo cash! How did I forget about that (those cards were from
2005) Now if that wasn't bad enough I was going through my birthday cards
from 2001 - and I found a card from my mom with guess what!?!? $50.00!
SWEET!!!!!!!!


How did I not spend this!?!?
Oh well - it was a nice little gift to find again!
(I also found a check that had not been cashed from our wedding. I feel really bad about that one...)

Happy October!


2 comments:

Sarah S said...

I LOVE finding money like that!! And that was a lot. Very nice :)

Hillary said...

THat's so fun to find money like that. When I was pregnant with Leah, I put some of Logan's birthday and graduation cards away and never took the money. We found them several months later, and it was a great surprise! Your girls are so darling. I can't believe that Ava will be turning 1! Oh my, how the time flies.