Miss M and Miss A letting me take some pictures of them before the headed off to church.It was cute to watch Miss A try and copy all of here big sisters modeling moves. They are such sweet sisters.
This was the Sunday I was preparing a pot roast to cook while we were at church. As I was cleaning up I dropped my cutting knife, bent over to pick it up and felt these sharp shooting pains all through out my lower back. I thought if I laid down on a heating pad and took some Advil I would be ok. NOPE after about a week of struggling with the pain I finally had Keenan take me to the ER. I wanted to make sure that it was my back and NOT a huge kidney stone stuck. The Doctor decided that it was indeed strained muscles in my lower back and not stones. I was SO glad to hear that! They gave me a shot with in minutes my whole body was relaxed. SO nice : ) They sent me home with more meds and instructions to lay on a heating pad and not to lift, move, carry etc anything. And if the pain was not better by Tuesday to call my regular doctor. Well Tuesday came, and the pain was still there. Wednesday I went in to see my doctor and she thought I probably pulled a tendon as well. So she sent me to get some x-rays. A couple of hours later she called and left a message that yes I had pulled muscles and tendons and was also showing signs of arthritis in my back. YIKES! She put me on a whole new mixture of drugs to help with the spasms, physical therapy and even though she new she was telling this to a mom - not to do ANYTHING if I wanted my back to get better.
I do feel that my back is making some progress, but I still have the spasms. It doesn't hurt to walk like it use to. Time will tell. And that pretty much sums up what I have been doing the past couple of weeks.
Guess it has been a huge blessing to have my little sister staying with us. She is like my own live in nanny!
2 comments:
I'm so sorry. I wish I was around to help. Do what the doc tells you so you can get better without further damage. Love you!
Lynsey-, I SO wish you were here too! Or me there ; )
Post a Comment