Sunday, April 20, 2008

Utah cont. day 2



Day two we woke up to snow snow snow! K had to catch a flight back home for jury duty. But we made it to the airport - and I made it home
(my mom's place) even if I was "white knuckling" my mom's steering wheel the whole way back*.
I had not packed any snow clothes or heavy jackets. Not wanting to be completely "snowed" in for the day I borrowed my mom's boots layered the girls up and we made our way to Temple Square. Miss M loved looking at all the snow covered flowers, the water, taking pictures. We found a place for lunch (McDonald's - phew!) Then continued enjoying our walk. By this time all the snow was melting and we were taking off our many layers. Spring weather in Utah - who knew it was so unpredictable! Miss M and I enjoyed the rest of the afternoon back at Grandma's house playing.
Miss M and A had most of my undivided attention through this whole week because I didn't have a cell phone, internet, cable tv or a car to drive. It was refreshing for all of us I think!

*I have driven in snow lots of times but there is something different about driving in a blizzard, no plowed roads and using your mom's new car







No comments: