
Miss M just LOVES books.
She is getting better at reading everyday! She is a super speller too. (I really think it's because K works with her so much.) And I believe it is so important to read to your children daily. I am a HUGE reader and have been looking forward to the day when Miss M and I can read chapter books. My good friend sent me some classics all little girls should have when Miss M was a baby (plus a beautiful blanket she can snuggle up with while reading them). We haven't cracked open those books yet, hopefully soon - but we have read Charlotte's Webb and are reading Trumpet of the Swan*, not to mention she loves it when I read the chapter books to the Girls** after school. We have enjoyed the Spiderwick Series, Junie B Jones,and many others... but last Monday, library day, K and Miss M found Prince Caspian. Miss M is very excited about the upcoming Narnia movie and so they borrowed the book. We have been reading it faithfully every night (except tonight I left it at the girls house - Miss M was super*** sad!)The best part is, Miss M is a little reader like her Mommy and we enjoy book time together!
I guess I should point out that I DO MOST OF THE READING in the big chapter books, she
is just finally interested in more than just picture books - but I am amazed at the words
that she is able to point out to me while we are reading...
*That is until we started reading Prince Caspian
**I watch two girls in the afternoon
***I think SUPER is my new favorite word to use, it keeps popping up in everything I say or write!
Do You Have a Favorite Child Hood Classic?
Or Just ANY favorite book?
(thanks Kelly for the ** idea! -
and RH for the questions at the end idea - I've seen it in other blogs, and I'm glad
you are doing it!)
Or Just ANY favorite book?
(thanks Kelly for the ** idea! -
and RH for the questions at the end idea - I've seen it in other blogs, and I'm glad
you are doing it!)
2 comments:
wow!! I can't believe she's old enough to read these stories with you. Miss M, you're amazing!
I recommend the books by Carolyn Haywood - there is a whole series of Betsy books that I loved as a child.
When I found out we were having a girl, this is what I was most excited for! My favorites were the Laura Ingalls Wilder "Little House" books, and "My Little Princess" and "The Secret Garden" and "Rebecca" and "Little Women" (with some editing for tender hearts?) and "Heidi" and "Anne of Green Gables" . . . I could go on forever! I love all those ones you mentioned too. And don't forget the boy books--"My Side of the Mountain", "Hatchet" . . . oh, why did I ever grow up?
Post a Comment