Monday, November 12, 2007

Little Mommy



Yesterday, I was feeling pretty good, and decided to clean up around the house. (not like deep cleaning, but picking things up, putting things away). My mind is so scattered, I think it has to do with so little sleep and the fact that our house is as hot as a tropical island! (that is what happens I guess when our thermostat controls the heat for both apartments.) I kept jumping from task to task, often forgetting why I was going into a room. I asked Marlee so many times yesterday what I was doing. She thought it was pretty funny that her mommy was loosing her mind. Good thing I have such a good helper. As I was folding laundry in my room, Marlee came in and said "Mommy, just so you know, I just changed Ava's diaper and it was very poopy!" All sorts of images ran through my mind as I thought of how my three year old just changed my almost 3 week old's diapers. I said "that's great Marlee thank you for helping Mommy!" as I tried to calmly walk to the living room. There was little Ava on the couch just as happy as can be with a clean diaper almost on and the dirty diaper next to her.
Then Marlee says to me "I really think that you should give her a bath she was pretty poopy." Marlee heads off to the bathroom, to fill Ava's little tub. Gets ready to take a bath with her. Marlee just amazes me, she is such a little mommy! She just LOVES her baby!! I love that she can comfort Ava, get her to stop crying. She loves to sing to her and even "read" to her. She has little foot stools all over the house to grab when she needs to peak into
the bassinet or the cradle to help her little sister. She is always asking if she can feed her. And she also wants Ava to sleep with her at night, so she can take care of her...wouldn't that be nice!

4 comments:

Katie and Greg said...

Wow! What fun! I absolutely Love, love, love every picture you have of Ava! What an beautiful little girl you have. Well - and Marlee is just so grown up and beautiful too! It looks like so much fun and I can't believe all your stories of Marlee. She is amazing. She has always been so smart and I think it is so cool that she is old enough to LOVE this time with her new baby sister.

I loved seeing all the pictures of everyone in the hospital and it made me miss home (Evanston). We are really happy here though, and moving along. I think maybe the blogs are bad to read because it just amkes me miss all of you. But someday I will be able to rummage up a little bit of money and come out for a visit.

Yesterday in the car Trevor said (our of nowhere), "Mom, does Marlee live in Utah yet?" I said, no, she still lives in Chicago. But I'm sure she'll come to visit sometime. And Trev said, "Do you think I could play with her when she comes?"

So hopefully we can get together again next time you are around. Plus I would love to meet Ava. Until then, just keep up with the darling pictures!

Congratulations!

Rachie said...

AWWW, so cute. Marlee is adorable. I hope the twins are helpers like her when I have another.

Sarah S said...

Great pictures!!! And fun stories. Marlee is a great helper and it's so wonderful that she is really excited that Ava is here.

The Yosts said...

Love all the posts! The pictures of the leaves make me miss the Mid-West. We're still cooking at 80+ degrees. Seriously, can it please get a little colder so I can put my shorts away?!

I think Marlee is such a cutie! This age they are such great helpers. Abby and Kaitlyn are great playmates and Abby helps keep Kaitlyn occupied while I get dinner and such going. Maybe when we're ready for number 3 it will like that too (crosses fingers).