Tuesday, June 19, 2007

puking in the wind and celebrating a birthday

Last week was K's birthday. I took MIss M to Target so we could make a candy bar poster card for him. Half way through our shopping trip I could feel my nausea coming on, I hurried
through the rest of the store and checking out, hoping I could make it home. Well, Pineapple Princess and I made it as far as the doors and proceeded to loose anything that I had eaten that day. Miss M watched on in oh I don't know embarrassment, as she said to me, "Mommy, you can't do that here, you need to be sick at home!" Believe me honey, if I could have waited until we were at home I would have! And can I just say, don't ever puke when it is windy! In my hair, down my shirt, cleavage and so on...
So, K's big day did not get celebrated the way we would have liked to. We did our celebrating yesterday - and it was great fun! K wanted a haircut, so he got one for his birthday - fun gift RIGHT!? Went to lunch at our favorite little Evanston restaurant Flat Top,
picked up some DVD's and then on Pineapple Princess' request, went to Petsmart to look at the fish.
K's birthday - even a week later, was exactly what he wanted. OH and fun for him, he went over to Home Depot bought some things for the yard - he loves his yard and doing work out there. Maybe I should hire him out - do others yard work! :)
OK, enough of our boring day...

1 comment:

The Yosts said...

I just stumbled upon your blog! Look how big MArlee is getting. How we miss Chicago! I'll have to keep checking back soon!