Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Earth Day - April 22


I would not call myself 100% green, but I do enjoy recycling, swapping clothes with family/friends (for my kids). I do like to shop at Thrift stores. You know the three R's song by Jack Johnson - one of our favorites reduce, reuse, recycle. I also like the "green cleaners" I have no idea if they really work because I don't take the time to research - but hey they label says green, they smell good so I use them.

This past year it seems Miss M has really become aware of not wasting, of reusing things, to clean up after ourselves (at the park, beach, etc). and she loves to throw out the recycling she is also very good at reminding what things should be recycled.

So, I should not be surprised that when Miss M was reading our family calendar and noticed that April 22 was Earth Day, she should want to have a party for the Earth. She then rattled off all these ideas she has for her Earth day party.

"We could make three bins, one for plastics, one for cans, and one for paper. Then we could go to the parks and put those things in our bins. When we get home, Daddy and I could plant flowers in our back yard. We could make pictures for the Earth, cause it is her birthday and hang them up so everyone can see it's Earth day. Wouldn't that be so cool Momma!?!?! I really think we should have an Earth day party! Well, Momma what do you think?"

I think it is a great idea, now I have been surfing the net as I so love to do to waste time.
Here are some ideas that I have come across via other blogs and google searches. I thought
I would share them with you.


Happy Earth Day!

*all photo's found via google earth day search

2 comments:

Cynthia Z said...

Miss M's one of the sweetest girls ever! It's so fun when you realize that good things are really getting through to your children :) There's free fun Earth Day stuff going on at the Ecology Center that following Saturday. http://www.cityofevanston.org/Calendar/Calendars?CalendarName=Special_Events&Op=ShowIt&Date=2009%2F4%2F1&Amount=Month&NavType=Absolute&Type=Block

Jacob said...

It is good to here that the next generation cares so much about the earth! Thanks for finding the 10 differences on the bath time photo!