Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Visions Of Sugar Plums


Saturday we headed out to Hinsdale to meet up with my sister and her family for our annual Gingerbread house decorating.


It's always so fun to get together with her. Especially for this activity. Not sure who has more fun decorating the houses, the parents or the kids. Or who ends up with more candy, our tummy's or the houses.

This year Owen was the baby. He is so cute, Keenan held him the whole time (baby hog!)

Miss A hammed it up for the camera (including for the man who was at the club taking pictures)

Ella and Miss M were very creative with the candy.





Each year they add different candy. My favorite were the Pixie Sticks, the blue colored ones. I sprinkled the blue sugar all over the frosting to make it look more frozen. Miss M loved the idea and soon added, red, orange, purple and green. Miss A had a sugar high from the pixie sticks sugar I poured into her mouth.



After our houses were done, we headed to my favorite little restaurant. All Aboard Dinner. This was Keenan's first time and he ordered the double cheeseburger and loved every bite!
My sister and I had fun catching up chatting away while our husbands kept an eye on the kids.
It was a great family day!

2 comments:

Sarah S said...

The gingerbread houses look so good! I'm really impressed. And wishing I could try the All Aboard Diner sometime - it looks so fun!

Lynsey said...

So fun. I wish that we would do something like that as a family.