Thursday, December 11, 2008

A visit from St. Nick and Snow


These are actually pictures of our first snow - Miss M had lots of fun throwing
snowballs at me (this was when I had vertigo so she had a little bit of an advantage on me)
Miss A didn't like the snow on her. She wouldn't leave her mittens on and the snow was just too cold for her hands.

St. Nick visits December 6th
Ever since I was little St. Nick has always paid a visit to our home the night of December 5th. Filling our stockings with fun little toys, treats and fruit. I have tried to do this tradition now as a mom, but Mr. K doesn't really get it. So I've not really kept the tradition up. When my little sisters heard that I wasn't going to put the stockings out this year they were appalled. Breaking a long running family tradition!?!? Shortly after our phone conversation I received a wonderful box in the mail full of all sorts of little goodies from "St. Nick".
I am happy to say, St. Nick did stop by our house (I didn't get any coal for wanting to cancel the tradition and Mr. K was super excited about all the travel size things he got in his stocking)
My girls were thrilled!!! And Miss M is already talking about what St. Nick might bring her next year.

1 comment:

Sarah S said...

What a fun tradition! I'm glad Miss M got the hang of it this year and was so excited about it. I can't decide if we should do my family's Santa Tree tradition or not... it's hard deciding on stuff like that!