
Today Miss A is 11 months old!
GASP!!!
That means in in 30 days she will be ONE year OLD!
GASP!!!
That means in in 30 days she will be ONE year OLD!
This past month, even in the last week she is becoming much more independent!
Her way or no way. Here are some other things we have noticed about her.
- We find ourselves laughing at this little person a lot. Especially with her new drama act. When she is upset, she scrunches up her face and fake cries this often makes us laugh even more and then she somehow manages to squeeze out a real tear.
- She is getting more brave at walking - this has caused us to really get our house in order. (although still a work in progress but I am happy to report that my BIG craft desk is out of the dinning room - now to just find a home for all the stuff that was in that desk!)
- She is a CLIMBER! She loves to climb up on chairs, her jeep walker, the couch. I just wish she knew how to get back down, she almost has it, but not enough for me to not be right with her all the time.
- She stands up to her sister - Miss M doesn't get away with "pushing" the baby around.
- She refuses any kind of baby food - only real food and loves to shove it in her mouth. The messier the food the happier the baby! And she HAS to feed herself, even if you try to she will spit the food back out so she can put it in her mouth.
- She LOVES I mean LOVES to dance! the second she hears music her little body is grooving.
- She still does not like to be read to, however she likes to look at books on her own terms. Every once in a while I can read her a book, but she likes to hold the book and turn the pages.
- She loves our neighbors dog and often when she doesn't want to sleep she will stand in her crib point out the window and say "gog, gog, oof, oof" Espicially if she can see Leo. She has a natural love for ALL animals including our fish Oscar. Seeing any animal makes her very happy.
- I noticed that when I went to see my Granny over labor day weekend I picked up one of her words that she always uses. Instead of saying yucky my Granny will say "ka-ka" I know I use this A LOT because it is now one of Miss A's favorite words to say when something is yucky. It's kind of cute hearing a little voice say "ka-ka, ka-ka"
- She now has 4 teeth two on the bottom and two just starting to push through on the top - this past two weeks have really been OFF for her sleeping. She is up lots of times during the night - she has a runny nose and has been a bit on the crabby side, oh the joys of teething.
- She loves to be where the action is. Loves to investigate things, and STILL puts EVERYTHING in her mouth!!!
- She makes the cutest little scrunched up cheesy smile - I LOVE this. I think ALL kids do this little smile and I LOVE it on each and every one of them! (it's the same scrunched up face when she is the Drama queen)
We just LOVE LOVE LOVE this little baby
and are so blessed to have her sweet spirit, in our family.
(guess I should start making some birthday plans! YIKES!!)
and are so blessed to have her sweet spirit, in our family.
(guess I should start making some birthday plans! YIKES!!)
2 comments:
I can't believe how fast these 11 months have gone. It's fun reading about what Miss A is up to - and funny that she doesn't like being read to (but likes looking at books on her own). She is a determined, fun little girl!
I can't wait until Tabitha gets to this stage! (Okay, I can, because they grow up way too fast).
Post a Comment