; ) Can I just say, I am so glad that my baby sister will be here tomorrow!
Saturday, August 4, 2007
Emergency "Tee" Time?
This week has been crazy busy, but welcomed. The "girls" as Pineapple Princess calls them are back from Alaska, and I have started to watch them this week. I also took a couple of other jobs. It was so fun to be watching extra kids, and playmates for Pineapple Princess. But some time during this week, I started to feel that oh to familiar pain in my lower back. A horrible pain, one where sometimes I couldn't even walk. Then Wednesday the pain started to spread around my side, into my front (bladder area), I felt the need to go to the bathroom frequently, with no results other than more pain. Finally I started passing those horrible little stones. It's amazing how something the size of a grape nut (if you can picture the cereal) can cause so much pain. I promptly called my urologist, and made an appointment for Friday - the earliest he could see me. No, he would not prescribe me any pain medicine because I had not been in in the last year. So, Tylenol and I became inseparable, but it didn't do much for the pain. Over the next two days, I passed 6 stones. And was very much looking froward to seeing my urologist. Late Thursday afternoon, a messages was left for me on my voicemail by my Dr's nurse, that he had an emergency scheduled for Friday afternoon and had to cancel my appointment. But to contact another urologist (the one who I had to deal with when I was in the hospital pregnant with Pineapple Princess and unable to pass the huge stone...) He and I did not get along at all, so there was no way I was going to call him. Luckily I had my check up with my ob on Friday morning. I told him about the stones that I had been passing, and how I had tried to make an appointment to see my urologist but both appointments had been canceled. I told him about the "emergency" he had scheduled for Friday afternoon and that I was told to go see a different doctor. Dr. M was a little puzzled how an emergency could be scheduled the day before? I jokingly said to Dr. M, I bet he has an emergency tee time. I guess I wasn't too far off...Dr. Miller's nurse called over to Dr. McG's office and his nurse said oh, Dr. McG is out on vacation and will also be gone all of next week. So where exactly was that emergency??? I guess the next thing for me to do is to find a new urologist! Or to take up golf and maybe I could see him on the course.
this is the ladybug size stone I passed when I was 29 weeks pregnant with Pineapple Princess - the good news with the stones I have now, I am passing them! And really it only hurts when they move.
; ) Can I just say, I am so glad that my baby sister will be here tomorrow!
; ) Can I just say, I am so glad that my baby sister will be here tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh my goodness! I would wish that your body would only take on ONE major thing at a time (AKA pregnancy) and not have to do ALL of these other awful things.
I would be SOOO frustrated about the urologist and I WISH you the best luck in finding a new one. Not to mention good luck getting through these next few. What a relief it will be to get you new little one here! Keep me posted! Lots of love!
Oh Rebekeh! I can sympathize. Kidney stones are one of the worst pains I've ever felt. I can't imagine having those things and being pregnant. I hope you get rid of them quickly and are free the rest of the pregnancy. What a story!
I've had 2 kidney stones and thought I was going to die on each. Don't know how you survived with Tylenol alone- you're a strong woman!
Oh my, Rebekeh! I hope you can get through the pain of kidney stones. I've never had them but from what I hear, they are just as bad as giving birth. I hope you survive! I'm thinking of you and I hope you stay healthy until that baby arrives.
Post a Comment