I have lots of memories of my mom doing crafts, and helping her with those crafts I always thought she was (is) the most crafty lady around! I remember her getting ready for craft shows. One of my favorite things she made were GIANT lollipops around Christmas time. It always brought "visions of sugar plums dancing in my head".
I however find myself doubting any craft ability inside me. I always say that inside of me there is ___________(a great piano player, a solo singer, an amazing hula dancer, an artist, a sewer - well you get the picture). waiting to burst out.
I have a few friends that I like to craft with, and we like to get together to work on crafts as often as we can. One of my friends talked about getting our kids together to learn to sew. SO we did just that. It was fun, Marlee was super proud of herself in spite of all the hiccups with the machine and has an adorable pillow case to remind her of her efforts. She and her friend had a great time and she is already talking about what she will be sewing next. (it was a good refresher for me - and now I am ready to work on all those projects I tucked away for someday - well maybe) I hope that I pass along my joy of crafting to my girls. And I am thankful for friends that help bring the best out in me and my girls!
HERE is her pillow -
No comments:
Post a Comment