Friday, June 20, 2008

VBS! June 16-20

Miss M's friend Elizabeth, invited us to attend
a Bible Vacation School at the preschool she had been attending.
(not associated with our church)

I am so glad we signed up for this. It was such a great time, Miss M
REALLY enjoyed herself. And we loved hearing all about
what Bible story and Fruit of the Spirit she was taught on our car ride
home each night.


Posted by Picasa

The camp theme this year was Fruits of the Spirit.
Each day represented a Fruit Of The Spirit
. (FOTS)

Monday - Sprout JOY
Tuesday - Produce Patience
Wednesday - Grow Love
Thursday - Plant Peace
Friday - Pick Kindness


Each evening started out with a family dinner - and they had some ONO food!
This was also fun because we got to sit with our other friends who came too
Alex and Sam.
Then the kids would head up stairs for assembly, where they would be taught
new songs, and talk about the F.O.T.S. of the evening. They were also doing a service project for children in Mexico for pre-screening/vaccinations. Each night accepting offerings - which we explained to Miss M was like tithing.
They had craft time and also sport time. Then would meet all together again for the closing songs and prayer.

The staff was so kind. Miss M made some great friends, and we even received a letter
in the mail inviting us back again.
( K and I discussed that this is what it must feel like to be fellow-shipped)

Friday ended with a big family BBQ and Carnival.
After we ate we headed upstairs for assembly - the Bible story they taught was on the Good Samaritan - it reminded me a lot of the Sharing time I had done in Primary.
Then we all headed outside for the Family Carnival - with games and pony rides!
(which reminded me of the Halloween Carnival I use to do for Primary - minus the pony rides)

As I talked about this with my friends - especially the ones I had just served with in the Primary Presidency (at our church) we all thought how great it would be
for our Primary to do a Vacation Bible School.
I have even thought about doing a Backyard Vacation Book of Mormon school
at my home...hmmm, there is time to still do that RIGHT?

No comments: