And so started our week of family visitors. Tuesday, K's cousins arrived. They spent a couple of days with us. K took them down to the taste of
Friday morning we headed up to WI for K's uncle's memorial service and a family reunion. (I'll put the pictures on Pineapple Princess's website) We really had a great time in WI. Pineapple Princess was fascinated with all of the nature, cows, horses, corn, rabbits, fireflies, and yes, she even picked up a tick! She had so much fun just running outside and playing with her cousins.
Uncle's memorial service was really nice. K gave the eulogy and we (K, myself and his Mom) sang a song during the service. And Pineapple Princess sat so nice and still while we were up there singing. I did notice at one point that she was trying to take the camera out and take some pictures...(got to actually prove that
Saturday was the family reunion, and K was the entertainment again. Very much enjoyed. It was so hot outside, that I didn't spend much time outside. After eating, Pineapple Princess and I headed back inside to the air conditioning - 95 degrees plus
Today, in nursery, Pineapple Princess found a toy airplane and she told K, "Look Daddy, it's the bad Robot, Magatron." All the dad's that were in the nursery, ears perked up, and they all wanted to hear about the movie. And yes I am still a but embarrassed that Pineapple Princess went to see a PG-13 movie, especially since I have been so opinionated about it in the past...OH well.
I guess we will soon have Transformers around our house along with Cars Cars guys (from the movie CARS) and princesses.
And that was are most exciting week. Lot's of yummy food, family and not one emergency trip to see my OB! Now that's a GOOD week!
3 comments:
June seemed to be the month of visitors. Looks like you had a lot of fun. Fun photos!
What a fun post! It is so fun to hear about all the cool things you get do with the family when they are around. It sounds like you had a lovely 4th too.
I think that's hilarious that Marlee saw transformers, but alas, what do you do? :) I also love that you house calls them "cars cars guys" too - just like Trev. Fun, fun memories. Holy cow, sometimes I don't think its good for me to be reading all your blogs because it makes me miss all of you and the GREAT city of Chicago SO much! We can't wait to visit!
I love your site!! Thanks for inviting me and sharing a little aloha. Here is a link to my blog, you can also surf around to find our pictures and other stuff: http://steveandkendee.com/blog
Post a Comment