Sunday, February 13, 2011

S is for SNOW MY GOSH

Yes we survived the BLIZZARD OF 2011. PSHAW, it wasn't that big of a deal. Except for maybe when I wanted to get the van out of the garage and could not because of all the SNOW piled up against it. AND I wasn't one of those un-lucky drivers stuck on Lake Shore Drive. (picture above via google images) go HERE for more amazing pictures of The Bliz across the Midwest and beyond! 

We didn't get any pictures. UNTIL this past week. The snow is still here and we were finally healthy enough to play in it! (the kids all had strep throat the week of The Bliz. and I was rockin' a pretty nice chest cold myself)
But Hey, when it is NASTY outside, it makes it EXTRA nice to be snuggled up inside. And well I LOVE the snow, so it was all enjoyable for me. I did try to convince my family to hop on a plane with me and head to Hawaii, but the responsibilities of our jobs won out. BOO! Good thing too as The Mr and My Sister were both called into the Fran to cover shifts for co-workers that were stuck else where. Snowed in. And they just walk to work. Sure there was the fear of getting lost in the HUGE snowdrifts but they made it much to the delight of the hospital!
so with out further blabbing, here are our snow pictures.





I did venture out during the storm to try and get pictures of the 25 foot waves that were suppose to be swelling the Lake Michigan shore...but all I saw was this

but here are someones amazing shots - these were taken in Milwaukee WI (via google image search)

1 comment:

Sarah S said...

Great snow pics!! I love that you shortened blizzard to "the bliz." :)